[gameprogrammer] SV: Re: ad for my GPLed software?

  • From: "John-Philip Johansson" <seriema@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Dec 2004 07:25:34 +0100

Oh well might as well say it :) Hope you guys don't get mad at me.

It's a shell extension for Windows XP. The Explorer has built in support =
for
very few image types when it comes to generating thumbnails in miniature
view. Many gamedevs uses DDS, TGA, PCX or some other format than those
nativly supported by Windows. This was a major pain for me and my team, =
open GIMP or equivalent just to remember what "that tile looked like". =
So my
shell extension adds support for DDS, TGA, PCX and 16 other image types.
Directly in explorer! It's not a process or anything, so it won't hog
cpu/memory. It's a COM object called by Windows when needed.

It's open source, GPL. Hope you guys enjoy it!
http://thumbview.sourceforge.net/

If anyone reads the Postmortem or something, please let me know what you
think. And if you have any suggestion or question about ThumbView just =
ask
:)

Cheers!
/JP