[gameprogrammer] Moving objects in a quadtree

  • From: Simon <simonmihevc@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 13:09:40 +0200

Hello,

I've recently began planning on implementing a quadtree for a game client with an isometric view(ultima like). My initial thought was that the player should always form the root of the tree(center of the screen) while all the other movable objects, entities,... would be fit somewhere into the spatial quadtree. However I'm having a bit of trouble figuring out how to move the objects inside the tree. Is this as simple as just deleting/reinserting them into the tree, or are there any algorhytms that deal with this? Any advice would be appreciated too;).

Cheers, Simon.