[gameprogrammer] Re: Fw: Deleting OpenGL Shapes

  • From: Bob Pendleton <bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 10:11:03 -0500

On Mon, Oct 19, 2009 at 2:50 AM, Yasser Gonzalez Soto
<yassergs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Yasser Gonzalez Soto"
> <yassergs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

glutSolidSphere doesn't create a sphere, it just draws one. That means
you can't delete it because it doesn't exist. If you don't want it on
the screen anymore, just don't draw it in the next frame.

>> I mean. If the collide with nother it must be deleted. And could you
>> explainme how ,ake a collision between two object?

For spheres it is pretty straight forward. If the distance between the
centers of the spheres is less than the sum of the radii of the two
spheres, then they over lap and you have a collision.

>> P.S: I´ve not access to the web. Yes I know I screwed ;-)

Yeah, pretty much. You need to get access to the web. I know that is
not always easy to do. But, if you can't get web access you are going
to have to buy a lot of very expensive books.

Bob Pendleton