[gameprogrammer] Re: Difference between Material and DirectX Texture

  • From: Vince <uberneen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 05:54:17 -0700 (PDT)

Depending on what renderer you are using, it is likely that Ogre is already
using DirectX textures internally (and possibly more than one per 'material').

The Ogre material system is very powerful and lets you do a lot of things with
textures, shaders and even multiple render techniques, significantly
transcending basic texture functionality.

http://www.ogre3d.org/tikiwiki/Materials

Vince~