[gameprogrammer] Complete Java Games

  • From: Scott Harper <lareon@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 12:05:21 -0700

Here are some pretty cool games I've run across which use Java:

Puppy Games (http://www.puppygames.net) makes "Alien Flux", plus
several others, it seems, and they ALL use Java in conjunction with the
LWJGL (Light-Weight Java Game Library), which binds a lot of OpenGL
commnds and such into Java.

"Chrome" (http://www.chromethegame.com) uses Java as its scripting
language.  I'm not sure HOW this is done, but they won an award for it!
^_^  And now they've got this cool engine which (I believe) has now
been used in a few other commercial games.

There're probably more, but these are my favorites.

--Scott