[gameprogrammer] Re: Any C++ macro champions out there?

  • From: Alan Wolfe <alan.wolfe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 17:33:26 -0800

Normally that would work great Stephane, but if you look at my macro list,
it's a list of lists.

I agree, if it was a single list i could do multiple passes and do:

// 1 - define class header and member vars and getters / setters
// 2 - define constructor parameters
// 3 - define constructor body and then end class declaration

But the problem is that i have multiple classes represented in my list,
which means i can only do a single pass since i can't do the header for
each class, then the constructor header for each class, and then end each
class.

In the below, 3 classes need to be generated from the single macro list:

#define TRIGGEREVENTLIST \
\
TRIGGEREVENT_BEGIN(PokeEvent, Base) \
    TRIGGEREVENT_ITEM(int, PokeCount, true, 0) \
    TRIGGEREVENT_ITEM(bool, PokeHard, false, false) \
TRIGGEREVENT_END() \
\
TRIGGEREVENT_BEGIN(AnotherEvent, Base) \
    TRIGGEREVENT_ITEM(float, Something, true, 0.5f) \
TRIGGEREVENT_END() \
\
TRIGGEREVENT_BEGIN(UberPokeEvent, PokeEvent) \
    TRIGGEREVENT_ITEM(float, UberPokeMultiplier, true, 2.0f) \
TRIGGEREVENT_END()