First message for the FTC mailing list...

  • From: Brendan Murphy <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 22:31:49 -0500

Greetings

I have been waiting for other customers to join the mailing list
before I sent out this first message, but what the heck here goes.
The purpose of this message is to test out the changes I made to
the mailing list and for you to give me feedback on the format of
the mailing list. Currently I have advertised the existence of the
list to only customers who have bought an FTC license. For now, I
want to keep the list size relatively small so I can focus on your
needs as beta testers of the FTC and thus improve the FTC itself.
My plan is to officially advertise the existence of the mailing
list when I release beta 14. After beta 14 the FTC will go into
final candidate status as I jump into writing the documentation
full time.

One of the purposes of this mailing list is for you guys to share
your expertise with the FTC with others on the list. Also I would
like to see discussions on how I can improve the FTC. You can also
report bugs here instead of sending email to me directly since I
am intently reading the list. Reporting bugs here on the list will
be helpful to others since it will make everyone aware of the bug
and eliminate duplicate effort of reporting the bug.

Another purpose of this list is to leverage my time more
effectively by sharing my solutions to your problems with every
one. I have privately answered quite a few questions along the way
that may have been useful to others. So from now on, I will try to
answer your questions on the mailing list and thus share the
knowledge.

FYI, I have been steadily working on preview 12 and I should have
it posted fairly soon. I am starting to get excited about the
state of development of the FTC since it is now has all the
features in place and I am only working on bug fixes. In other
words, the FTC is feature complete and there is light at the end
of the tunnel. Now I just need all get all those fancy features to
play nicely together!

From now on, I will post preview update notices on the mailing
list instead of using my mass mailing program. Note, if you need a
mass mailing program, I have been using "MaxBulk Mailer" which I
saw in RBDeveloper magazine. It is a pretty useful program and I
give it a solid recommendation.

to be the best and it is free and has all bells an whitsles. If
you need to start a mailing list, check out www.FreeLists.org. A
huge step up from yahoo groups or some other solution. So tell me
how you like FreeLists.org stuff if you have an opinion.

Also, feel free to start some unending off topic discussion just
like on the NUG...just kidding. ;-)

----

FTC Website: www.truenorthsoftware.com/Realbasic/FormattedText.html
Set List Options (digest and vacation modes): www.freelists.org/list/ftcdev