Re: FTCTextField and System Font

  • From: Jym Morton <jymmorton@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 14:44:42 -0400

Clicked wrong last night so this part didn't go through on the 2nd email

Windows Vista and 7 don't have a default font per se they have a
system font.  Which is Segoe UI 9 pt.  Most Theme packs might change
individual font settings (i.e. Active Title Bar) however the System
Font will remain Segoe UI 9 pt.

A couple ways to change it is in the registry you can set Segoe UI to
Tahama or you can delete Segoe and rename Times New Roman - Segoe but
in both cases, the system font is still Segue UI 9pt (they are just
hacks)

Jym Morton
Toronto, ON

On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 8:54 PM, Jym Morton <jymmorton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Windows that would give you "System"
> Jym Morton
> Toronto, ON
>

> On Sat, Aug 6, 2011 at 7:47 PM, Brendan Murphy
> <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Bob Keeney wrote:
>>> Since the Real Studio TextField mask sucks I'm attempting to use the FTC
>>> version and setting the Default font to System and size to 0 does not make
>>> it the same font/size as the other regular controls.
>>>
>>> Is there a way around this limitation or other suggested settings?
>> I believe that is an RS convention. I remember seeing it
>> documented somewhere what they are, but I don't recall where I saw
>> it at the moment. My guess is that there is a system call that
>> would tell you what the default font and size are for the system.
>> I am not sure what that call would be. Maybe the MBS plugins have
>> such a call.
>>
>> You could extract the default font and size from a built-in text
>> field.
>>

>> FTC Website: http://www.truenorthsoftware.com/formattedtextcontrol
>> Set List Options (digest and vacation modes):
>> www.freelists.org/list/ftcdev
>> in the subject field.
>>

> --
> Jym Morton