FTC beta 15 preview 14

  • From: Brendan Murphy <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 15:31:19 -0500

Beta 15 preview 16 has been uploaded to the web site.

http://www.truenorthsoftware.com/Realbasic/FormattedText.html

I finally nailed down the handling of scaling across all the
modes! Page view and the normal modes use different coordinate
systems which makes it very tricky to deal with. Hopefully now I
can get back on track and finish off all the reported bugs and
then restart my regression testing. Once I get a clean regression
test run, then it will be time to declare the software ready for
1.0.

Here's what is new with this preview...

- (completed) Fixed up the picture handling code (mouse clicks) in
respect handling coordinate translations between different modes
and scales.

- Changed isNormalViewAutoResizeMode to isEditViewMode and added
isNormalViewMode for consistency.

- Fixed a crash where you delete a picture by putting the caret
just behind the picture and hit the delete key when the picture
was the only thing in the paragraph.

- Implemented an optimization that affects normal and edit modes
when handling large data sets.

FTC Website: www.truenorthsoftware.com/Realbasic/FormattedText.html
Set List Options (digest and vacation modes): www.freelists.org/list/ftcdev
the subject field.