FTC beta 15 preview 10

  • From: Brendan Murphy <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2008 21:10:32 -0600

Beta 15 preview 10 has been uploaded to the web site.

http://www.truenorthsoftware.com/Realbasic/FormattedText.html

In this preview I fixed the scaling problem so that you won't have
any discrepancies between different scaling sizes. This includes
printing.

I have partially complied with the request to move things from
private to protected in the classes you will subclass. This means
you can call the protected methods in your subclass. What I
haven't done is to open the properties up from private to
protected. I have been careful to preserve one level of
indirection to protect the underlying implementation. This allows
me to change the implementation without having to worry about it
will affect your subclasses. You should access these properties
via the get and set methods. If I am missing an accessor, then let
me know and I will add it. In the near future I will be converting
groups of properties to structures which will make the code more
understandable.

I have completed a regression test run on the Mac side and now I
will go through a regression test run for Windows. If that passes
and no more bugs are reported to me, then the next preview will be
the final release for version 1.0.

Here's what is new with this preview...

- Fixed a bug with formatting when cutting and pasting and undoing
the paste operation.

- Restored the selection area for an empty paragraph so that it
show up when you select it with a medium thick area.

- Implemented binaryToHex function with the MBS equivalent to
optimize the method for speed. If you turn the USE_MBS_PLUGINS
flag to true this will activate the call when you compile. This
will mainly affect the RTF code.

- Eliminated some scaling problems caused by internal double to
integer conversions.

- Implemented a solution to guarantee that no matter what the
scale factor is set to, you will always have the same composition
of lines on the page.

- Implemented a background thread to precalculate RTF information
for pictures. This saves a lot of time when you save an RTF file.

- Changed the private methods to protected in FormattedText and
FTDocument classes so that you can more easily implement
subclasses.

FTC Website: www.truenorthsoftware.com/Realbasic/FormattedText.html
Set List Options (digest and vacation modes): www.freelists.org/list/ftcdev
the subject field.