FTC beta 14 preview 22

  • From: Brendan Murphy <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 19:49:12 -0500

Beta 14 preview 22 has been uploaded to the web site.

http://www.truenorthsoftware.com/Realbasic/FormattedText.html

OK, I haven't heard a lot of new bug reports with the last
preview, so that means I am squashing all those pesky bugs or you
guys haven't ripped into it yet. Hopefully with this preview you
will have even less to report! So keep up those spaz tests.

The last item listed below is only partially done and I am still
investigating it. It works now about half the time.

Here's what is new with this preview...

- Fixed a crash problem with setting paragraph styles when there
was no selected text.

- When deleting selected text where the text selection extends to
the end of a paragraph, it set the insertion point in the wrong
place after the deletion. The insertion point is now set to the
start of the original selection.

- Added methods to convert between FTC XML, RTF, and text in the
FTUTilitities module. See the following methods.

  convertRTFToText
  convertRTFToXML
  convertTextToRTF
  convertTextToXML
  convertXMLToRTF
  convertXMLToText

These methods create an invisible window with an FTC control in it
and stuffs the input data into the FTC and then pulls out the
target data thus utilizing all of the FTC software base code.

- Partially fixed the bug in normal and edit (including
FTEditField) modes where clicking in pictures was disabled after
performing a scroll.

FTC Website: www.truenorthsoftware.com/Realbasic/FormattedText.html
Set List Options (digest and vacation modes): www.freelists.org/list/ftcdev
the subject field.