FTC 2.x wish list

  • From: Brendan Murphy <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ftcdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 15:12:06 -0500

Greetings all,

I wish to start a discussion on what you would like to see
implemented in the FTC for the 2.x series.

Here is what I intend to put into the first version 2.0.

- The ability to center and right justify the page in the display
   page and normal modes. (done)
- Find and replace capabilities. (working on it)
- Add iChart123 custom items.

Now it comes down to priority of what you want done. Here is what I am
pretty sure I am going to do.

- Rulers and tabs (right, center, and decimal)
- Mail merge capabilities
- Full justification alignment of the text

There may be technical issues with full justification alignment of
the text that may prevent me from implementing it because I will
need help from RS on certain kerning issues. I need to do some
investigation into the feasibility of this issue.

For rulers I will be implementing an infrastructure that the
rulers will be build upon. My intension is to make this
infrastructure generic to allow you use it in you applications in
the FTC. This will open up a lot of possibilities.

The rest of the things listed here are ideas I am kicking around.
I am sure there are a ton more ideas. I invite you to throw your
ideas on the table.

- Paragraph bullets
- PDF export
- Footer and header support
- Document sections and multiple column support
- More resolution support
- Inline URL support
- Create a set of dialogs that developers can drop into their
applications

Please let the ideas flow of what you want to see implemented...
FTC Website: http://www.truenorthsoftware.com/formattedtextcontrol
Set List Options (digest and vacation modes): www.freelists.org/list/ftcdev
the subject field.