[fsug-calicut] Re: install firefox 3.5

  • From: mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Shyam | ശ്യാം കാരനാട്ട് | Karanattu)
  • To: fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 08:52:43 +0530

"stranger in black....." <gnuise@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> i have dowloaded the tar.gz version of firefox. How to install it in ubuntu?
> I know to use it via terminal  with the command ./firefox. I
> need to install it to /usr/bin/............
The easiest way is to use the one coming through your distro's
repo. apt-get install firefox should do it.
otherwise you can have the source tarball of the firefox and compile
it. Thats not a big issue.. may be a couple or more dependencies that
you can install as it asks and recompile..

Happy Hacking
Shyam K
FSUG-Kozhikode Home Page :
http://www.fsugcalicut.org