[fsug-calicut] Re: Problem in mounting NTFS partition

  • From: Unni <kpnunni@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 00:25:40 +0530

just add the lines to /etc/fstab

for eg:
if you needed to mount a vfat partition, say, sda1 then you add:

/dev/sda1    /media/mount_point    vfat    defaults    0    0

Note: if your partitions are ntfs then you need special drivers: install
ntfs-3g and ntfsprogs
then you add the line

/dev/sda5    /media/ddrive    ntfs-3g    defaults    0    0

you should be good to go

--
Cheers,
 Unni