[fsug-calicut] "JIM ... , I KNEW YOU'D COME"

  • From: Shabjahan Paramba <SParamba@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To:
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 12:25:36 +0400

"JIM ... , I KNEW YOU'D COME"
Horror gripped the heart of a World War I soldier, as he saw his
lifelong friend fall in the battle ground.
Caught in a trench with continuous gunfire whizzing over his head, the
soldier asked his Lieutenant if he might go out into the "no man's land"
between the trenches to bring his fallen comrade back.
"You can go," said the Lieutenant, "but I don't think it will be worth
it. Your friend is probably dead and you may throw your life away."
The Lieutenant's words didn't matter, and the soldier went anyway.
Miraculously, he managed to reach his friend, hoist him onto his
shoulder, and bring him back to their company's trench.
As the two of them tumbled in together to the bottom of the trench, the
officer checked the wounded soldier, then looked kindly at his friend.
"I had told you it wouldn't be worth it," he said. "Your friend is dead
and you are mortally wounded."
"It was worth it, Sir," said the soldier.
"What do you mean, worth it?" responded the Lieutenant "Your friend is
dead."
"Yes Sir," the private answered, "but it was worth it because when I got
to him, he was still alive and I had the satisfaction of hearing him say
"JIM ... , I KNEW YOU'D COME."
Many times in life, whether a thing is worth doing or not, really
depends on how you look at it. Take up all your courage and do something
your heart tells you to do so that you may not regret not doing it later
in your life ...
Some one has said it so beautifully : "A true friend is one who walks
in, when the rest of the world walks out."
Author yet to be known.

Friends,
If this story took a minute to think about doing
something for your friends in time, would be the
great thing for me today !
Your love and affections are expected with
great respect.

Shabjahan

                                        Disclaimer
The message contained in this e-mail is meant for the use of the
intended recipient only.  If you are not the intended recipient,
please notify the sender immediately.  Any unauthorized disclosure,
copying, distribution of or taking any action in reliance on the
contents of the information contained herein is strictly prohibited.
FSUG-Kozhikode Home Page :
//www.freelists.org/webpage/fsug-calicut