[fsug-calicut] Re: FSUG-Calicut: Next meeting - July 2009.

  • From: Jaisen Nedumpala <jaisuvyas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsug-calicut <fsug-calicut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 02:14:48 +0530

2009/7/23 Jemshid KK <jemshidkk@xxxxxxxxx>:
> the discussions so far on the meeting gives me an impression that, the
> number of participants for the meeting is going to be less than 5.
> also a i would like to invite your attention on the last fsug tvm,
> meeting.

That we all know. ILUG-Cochin meet-ups maintain 10-15 attendees @ the
minimum, afaik.

But there may be (or may not be) some other people who are not the
subscribers of the mailing list at present, but want to participate.
They can't mark their attendance here, like this. And, We all should
keep in our mind that we really don't need a crowd. These meet-ups are
informal technical sessions, and not the formal meeting of a political
party.

> looking at the current plans a few people in the group have regarding
> a few projects, i don't think that any thing fruitful is going to
> happen in a small meeting.

Let it be a small meeting. What is the problem with it? Behind all
great projects there are rather simple initiatives. Remember freedom
walk. We put each steps forward and made it a long walk, right? :)

> there fore i look forward for assurance from members regarding their
> participation in the meeting and there for the list.

What if people assure, and they couldn't make out?

> and i don't think that making a prior expected attendees list doesn't
> have any thing to do with the flat topology of fsug.

Hmm.. I have a different view. I suggest fsug meet-ups to be informal.
Yes, we need an agenda to keep ourself tuned. But no need to make it a
formal event, sticking up on each of the words in agenda, as well as
tying up people with a formal attendance tag.

May be I am wrong.., But we need t discuss on this. :)

> Jemshid KK
> "ascent", calicut, kerala, india ph: 9349101566, 0495 4013776
> kakespeak.blogspot.com www.ascentengineers.in www.geohackers.in
> www.fsugcalicut.org
>

> 2009/7/21 Jaisen Nedumpala <jaisuvyas@xxxxxxxxx>:
>> Sajjad,
>>  This 'attendees' thing is not very impressive, I think. IMHO, It is
>> reducing the free structure of community. We maintain a flat community
>> structure just similar to other user groups. We are not a restricted
>> group of individuals, or a private discussion group. No need of
>> putting our mobile numbers and names too. I am not an in-charge of
>> fsug-calicut AFAIK. Hope Jemshid too. Are you? Then why put these? We
>> invite all people who see the post in internet for an open discussion.
>> No need to take attendance prior to the meeting. If you are
>> interested, please take down the minutes of the event and post it
>> after the meeting, along with the names of the people participated. If
>> we take attendance, prior to the meet up, it would push away the
>> people who really want to participate for the first time, I fear. New
>> people should fearlessly come forward. There should be no tags. This
>> is my suggestion on it. :)
>>
>> 2009/7/21 Sajjad Anwar <sajjadkm@xxxxxxxxx>:
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> This is the schedule of the fsug-calicut meeting in July.
>>>
>>> Date: 26-07-09
>>> Venue:  Ascent Engineers.
>>>              Level 2
>>>              Mullath Buildings
>>>              Mavoor Road
>>>              Calicut 1
>>>
>>> Agenda (draft):
>>>
>>> 1. Discussing recent updates on FOSSCOMM.
>>> 2. A Demo on Surface Computing - by Unni.
>>> 3. GIS projects - opportunities - discuss.
>>> 4. Future activity plans of FSUG-Calicut - discuss.
>>>    4(1). Further development of FSUG-Calicut website.
>>>
>>> Attendees:
>>> 1. Sajjad Anwar
>>> 2.
>>> 3.
>>> 4.
>>> 5.
>>> 6.
>>> 7.

--
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
- നെടുമ്പാല ജയ്സെന്‍ -
http://cheruvannur.web4all.in/resources/
~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    (`'·.¸(`'·.¸^¸.·'´)¸.·'´)
«´¨`·* .  Jaisen . *..´¨`»
      ( `v´ )
        `v´