[fsf60k] Re: fsf60k Digest V3 #31

  • From: Peter White <pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 16:56:05 -0400

Dear Oksana,Scott and Anyone else who cannot make the Bd. of Ed. meeting Wed
night but would like to have their voice heard:

Email the president of the bd. of ed. Arlene Munson and tell her what you
will, about the importance of the district valuing the students who do this
important work, the work itself, the educational lessons the students learn,
etc. and how immportant it is that the district make the position more
attractive so teachers will apply and continue the club. If you don't know
her email address, call the school switchboard at 262 6600 and ask, or the
Supt.s office at 262 6604. Or the District clerk. Someone will tell you how
to email the bd. of ed.

Date: Sun, 06 Apr 2008 00:04:24 -0400
From: Oksana Foster <gosia713@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [fsf60k] Re: fsf60k Digest V3 #30

I am not going to be in town on Wed. Is there anything I can do?- sign a
petition?  Pls let me know how I can help.
Oksana and Scott Foster

Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 14:06:21 -0400
From: "richard wiltamuth" <dwiltam@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [fsf60k] thursday's meeting

dear friends,
the meeting was a busy one, with the future of students for 60,000 at issue.
stories have appeared in newsday and the observer, and several e-mails have
been sent to the superintendent of schools. her address is
mmcdermott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx the school board will meet in executive
session monday night and discuss ideas. regardless of what happens at that
meeting, we need a huge turnout at the regular board meeting at 7:30
wednesday night in the large cafeteria of the high school. at present, there
is not a majority of board members who have indicated a willingness to
adequately fund positions for new advisers. please try to get the word out
through your own contacts about the meeting.
george pardo and the willens had a successful trip to nicaragua. one
highlight, millie said, was seeing kids in nuevo amanecer watch "finding
nemo." that happened because the willens bought a tv set and a dvd player,
and because our group and students paid for a solar installation in the
community center. the world really is getting smaller, and maybe a little
less boring in nuevo amanecer.
pete white will be leading his last student trip april 16-24, but we hope
the students will be making many more under new leadership.
see you wednesday night. bring your friends, neighbors, total strangers,
anybody.

End of fsf60k Digest V3 #30

End of fsf60k Digest V3 #31