[fsf60k] Re: fsf60k Digest V3 #123

  • From: "Janet Liotta" <janetliotta@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 19:29:38 -0500

Hi Pete and all,
How timely!  We could really use some help in Farmingdale.  We started
making hard boiled eggs for the men every morning.  Our bread and coffee are
donated but the orange juice, sugar and butter along with the eggs are now
putting us over budget.  However, there is a huge need and we have to find a
way to continue.  We serve between 25 and 40 men every morning, six days a
week. Some of these men are homeless.

On Thanksgiving Day, we remained opened and cooked a meal for about 18 of
them.  We plan to do something for Christmas, too.  We already have a large
turkey and some extras promised by Christ The King Parish Outreach.
Occasionally, we receive donations of soup and beans which the men heat up
in the microwave for lunch.  We never seem to have enough, though.

We would appreciate anything you are able to give.  Thanks so much for
thinking of us.

Janet

PS If anyone has men's winter jackets, work pants or casual khaki types
sizes 30 thru 34, hooded or hoodless sweatshirts, work shirts, flannel
shirts or usable work boots, and would like to donate them to a worthy
cause, please consider us.  Thanks, again.

Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 11:59:27 -0500
From: Peter White <pedro831@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [fsf60k] Re: fsf60k Digest V3 #122

Hi to All Friends and Students,

Here's a list and some info regarding the local outreach centers/food
pantries for us to assist with the Fete money. We raised $4000. We proposed
contributing $3500 of that sum and keeping $500 back in case of future
emergency. those who emailed back agreed. Students for 60000 has agreed to
match this sum, for a total of $7000 to be donated locally as follows:

1. Pronto, 128 Pine Aiare Dr., Bayshore (just off Sagtikos Pkwy), needs $
for meals, clothing, upcoming holiday relief. Serves the most # of people of
any group in local area, mostly from Latino Brentwood community.
Suggest $1000

2. St. Hugh of Lincoln Outreach, 21 E. Ninth St., Hunt. Sta. Serves more
than 700 people ea. mo. Shelves are emptying quickly.
Suggest $1000

3. St. Anthony of Padua, Fifth Av., East Npt. Serves about 200 per mo.
Suggest $500

4. Ecumenical Lay Council, Presbyterian Church on Main St., Npt.
Suggest $500
Note: St. Anthony and ELC are have smaller number of people hence splitting
the $$.

5. Community food Council, 90 E. Fifth St., Hunt. Sta. Serves 50-90 persons
per day, or several thousand per mo.
Suggest $1000

6. Project Hope, housed in St. Hugh's building, feeds day laborers.
Suggest $1000

7. Family of Patchogue victim Marcelo Lucero, suggest $500
   Angel Loja, other victim along with Lucero who escaped and was not
killed. Lost his job
   as result of notoriety, testifying, etc. Suggest $500
Note: this split between the two victims is suggestion from Bart Jones and
Rev. Allen Ramirez.

7. $1000 left for discussion. How's HIHI doing? Or Farmingdale? Or should we
locate another food pantry/outreach center/ or do something with/for a city
group. Let's discuss on Thurs. night.

Pete White

Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 15:48:01 -0500
From: "richard wiltamuth" <dwiltam@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [fsf60k] meetin' time

dear friends,
please try to attend our meeting thursday night at 7:30 at the high school,
probably room h109. we will discuss disposition of the loot from the fete,
george's new web site, biointensive farming, and so much more.

------------------------------

End of fsf60k Digest V3 #122
****************************

------------------------------

Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 11:08:36 -0600 (CST)
From: Kate <kcshr@xxxxxxxxxxx>

 I really like the idea of this money going local.  The need i gr= eat right
now.  see you at the meeting.
Kate Shreck
***This is a = message from a member of Friends of Students for 60,000***

--= --------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 15:48:01 -0500
From: "richard wiltamuth"

dear friends,
pleas= e try to attend our meeting thursday night at 7:30 at the high
school,
p= robably room h109. we will discuss disposition of the loot from the
fete,george's new web site, biointensive farming, and so much more.

------------------------------

End of fsf60k Digest V3 #122

***
You can unsubscribe = from this list by sending an email to
fsf60k-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'un= subscribe' in the subject field.
An archive of messages is available at =
//www.freelists.org/archives/fsf60k.
FAQ'are available at http://ww= w.freelists.org/help/faq.html***

End of fsf60k Digest V3 #123