[fsf60k] Nuevo H2O Project

  • From: "L Morella" <lyndalaura@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, admin@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 02:01:41 -0400

Hi Friends,

It seems that using AOVI's hand pump in the well in Nuevo could be a problem given the H2O temp. Their response is attached.

I spoke with Phil Wilson of Living Water International to find out if the hand pump was available, while waiting to hear from AOVI. He said he'd let me know, but recommends piping H2O from the nearby well. He is familiar with efforts to pump & test H2O from the well in Nuevo and knows the area very well. He has lived in Nicaragua for the past 2 years working on H2O projects and drilling wells. Note: He will now be living in TX, going to Nica for 10 day periods to work with Yader, Jorge, and groups on H2O projects.

I have a concern - If a pump does exist that can handle the heat, the H2O is sometimes hot enough that people could burm themselves, especially the children.

Jim Byrum attended last week's SF60K meeting representing the Iovino Family Foundation, a local organization looking to help fund H2O projects. His presentation included a short powerful movie depicting the serious health problems that are caused by contaminated H2O. He was out of the country and couldn't attend the last FSFS meeting.

Jim Leonick of the E. Npt. Rotary has attended recent FSFS & SF60K meetings. He is an attorney and will soon be president of the Rotary. He has offered to put us in touch with a friend who is a geothermal expert if needed. Jim attended the UN Conference 2 years ago regarding potable H2O worldwide. The Rotary is interested in the Nuevo H2O project and another project in Kenya. Jim would like a rep from our group to give a brief history of the Nuevo well to the members of the Rotary at their meeting on Tue May 1 at 7:15 at Atria Assisted Living in the bingo room. Pete - can you do that? Please call Colette Malik 757-8166 and let her know either way.

I've invited Jim Leonick and Jim Byrum to our next FSFS meeting on Thurs. May 3 at 7:30. Hopefully they can both join us to help find a solution.

Lynda Morella

From: "AOV INTERNATIONAL" <aov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "L Morella" <lyndalaura@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Hand Pump
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 13:15:49 +0530

Dear Ms. Lynda Morella,

I thankfully acknowledge receipt of your email of 14 April 07 regarding the suitability of our hand pumps in the water conditions as detailed by you.

As per your information, the pump would be located in the volcanic aquifer with water temperatures ranging between 30 deg. - 58 deg. The usual water temp. in various bore holes, as we understand, should not be more than 4 deg Celsius for potable water conditions.

Well this happens to be a very typical and a nouvelle case. Frankly speaking we have never come across such a case for the last 30 years of our supply experience. I think it would be a good idea if you could arrange to forward us a complete report of the water quality and also the PH value, the dissolved iron content etc. etc. to understand the suitability of our hand pump in such working conditions.

The down the hole components of the hand pumps consist of the connecting rods, the riser pipes and the cylinder assembly with nitrile pump buckets for the sealing of the cylinder assembly. The continuous effect of hot water pumping may have some unknown impact on these components and as such we are unable to give any commitment of the proper and long functioning of the pump.

Well inshort, it appears that the pump should function in the above water temperatures (where the PH value of the water is between 6.5 and 7 and the water is other wise free of harmful and corrosive /dissolved and undisclosed solids) but the long term effects are still not known to us.

Thanking you and with best regards,

Naresh Mehta,
Vice President-Mkt.
AOV INTERNATIONAL
B-5, SECTOR-59, NOIDA-201301 (UP),INDIA
Mob: +919811037640 ( Mr. Lalit Khanna)
Mob: +919811314308 (Mr. Naresh Mehta)
Tel: +91-120-4292920 to 24, 2589303, 4292925 (Direct)
Fax: +91-120-2589306
Email: aov@xxxxxxxx   / aov@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Website: http//www.aovinternational.com
Webpage:http//www.trade-india.com