[fsf60k] Fwd: Letters of Support

  • From: richard wiltamuth <dwiltam@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fsf60k@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 17:09:12 -0400

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: fcw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <fcw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 11:05 AM
Subject: Letters of Support
To: Dick Wiltamith <dwiltam@xxxxxxxxx>, Keith Barrett <barrauto1@xxxxxxx>,
Carol Werblin <cwerblin@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Lisa Ott <lisawott@xxxxxxxxxxx>, Ann
Rathkopf <ann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Bhavani Jaroff <bhavani@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Jennifer Sappell <Director@xxxxxxxxxx>, Lisa Jamison <LJamison@xxxxxxxxxx>,
Dan Diviney <youthmindiv@xxxxxxxxx>, Joan Cergol <
jcergol@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dee Thompson <huntsec@xxxxxxx>, Kathryn
Johnson <kjohnso6@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Larry Foglia <Larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

 Hello: After more than a year of effort, the garden at Gateway is taking
shape, as I?m sure you all know, although there?s still a lot of work to
finish it. More than 50 beds have been built, and most are planted and
beginning to be personalized by the gardeners. We?ve begun a children?s
program and held two gardening education classes for adults, with more in
the works.

To make sure not only that we complete a beautiful, model garden, but also
that LI-CAN continues to pursue its mission beyond this year and this
project, I need your help.

We are pursuing grants so that we can continue to manage both Gateway and
the outreach garden in Greenlawn.  We need funds to pay an administrator to
take over that work so that we do a good job of maintaining the gardens,
offering continuing education and assistance to the gardeners.  Beyond that,
we need money to plan and fund our next projects, for example new gardens or
an effort to increase local employment in farming, bringing fallow land back
into production.

Grantors want evidence of community support in the form of letters
expressing approval of what has been done and confidence in our ability to
go forward.

I am hoping that you will be willing to write such a letter to us.

The focus should be the Long Island Community Agriculture Network, a project
of Starflower Experiences, Inc.

Please send your letter to me at 50 Summit Drive, Huntington, NY 11743.

Thank you for all your help.
Regards,

Frances

***
You can unsubscribe from this list by sending an email to
fsf60k-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the subject field.
An archive of messages is available at //www.freelists.org/archives/fsf60k.
FAQ'are available at //www.freelists.org/help/faq.html***