[fruityloops] flstudio4, my first impression

  • From: "Bart Burkhardt" <bart@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2003 21:11:48 +0200

Hi everybody,

I have just tried and played with the new FLStudio4 version.

My first impression is that I am a bit down about it...

 I was hoping this new version would help me in making LOOPS faster than
bebore and so have more focus on making music. But I feel that the software
is still made with the intention that you make music by using the mouse in
de step sequencer and then making songs with the mouse clicking in the
Playlist.

I tried the Live mode, starting patterns with the keyboard, that was cool
but I experienced that I felt some delays in starting the patterns, this is
because the pattern only start at the beginning of the patterns, not in
between, in other words it's nopt fast enough. Perhaps this is only a SNAP
mode, I am not sure..

but how to make the patterns I am concerned about.

In Fruityloops 3 I could make a pattern, for example first make a 4 beat,
then start record and use my MIDI keyboard and record something to another
track into the step sequencer. Whil having the record on, the pattern kept
on looping, with is very good because you hear the beat and you can react on
the current tracks wich are looping and then make/record another track and
mix it all together

That's is the way I make music, and that's a very good and efficient way I
think.

Now with FL4 in pattern mode when I have a track in a pattern that has a 4
beat, and i click on Record after the pattern has played one time is stops
sounding, in the counter I see that it is not looping anymore. The select
button with must be used to set the pattern in loop mode does not work in
Record mode.
THAT IS SO FRUSTATING,

What's is going on ?

Bart