[fruityloops] filter sweeps

  • From: Tim Jenkins <TimJ@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:46:13 -0000

Hi all.

I am looking at adding some filter sweeps to some long sounds and am a bit
stuck to what settings to use on the event editor. Actually I am also not
convinced that good filter sweeps are achievable with the fruity filters so
if it is then please convince me otherwise.

The sound I am looking to produce is the low end sweeping up so that all
frequencies are present at the end of the effect (over say 32beats or so)
This is typically found in what is known as disco house (sorry to patronise
anybody but I am unsure as to what music you all listen to :-) )

Any advice ??

i.e.
What frequencies to cut/open up?
Over what period for maximum affect?
What pluggins to use?
Any thing else I may be missing ?

I realise this is a more generic music question away from FL. However before
I go and search for alternative filter plugins I want to make sure that it
isn't (or is) possible with the fruity plugins.

Cheers in advance
TJ