[fruityloops] XP Optimization

  • From: "Alasdair Dunlop" <ally@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 13:29:33 -0700

Hi All

I have to re-install XP this week as it keeps crashing and not starting
up. So I am going to try and set it back up using recommended practices.

PC: PIII 650, 512 RAM, 32 Nvidea Video, 100 Gb over 2 drives (1 40GBx
5200rpm, 1x60 7200rpm)

The plan is to:

Format the 40Gb with NTFS

Re-install Windows XP

Install usual programs on C:

Install all audio related software on 60Gb drive

If anyone has any insight, suggestions or recommendations I would be
very grateful. I have been using FL with around 15-20 plug-ins and
having this many plug-ins seems to slow the performance, can anyone
confirm this?

Also while I ask does, does anyone use windows 2000 pro for audio? I
have read that it isn't as good as XP but my experience of XP is that it
sucks big time. Crashes a lot, hangs a lot. Any feedback would be great

Thanks

Ally