[fruityloops] Re: Multiple Midi outs ???

  • From: "Peter Attaway" <pete@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 18:20:14 +0100

Here are my answers - I'm no expert but I have an XP30.

>>> 1/ how do you trigger multiple patches from the same hardware synth ?? I
understand its to do with the midi channel but can't figure it out ??

You load each patch into a peformance on the synth (use sounddiver) then use
multiple midi outs, each set to a different channel to use the patches.
Note Channel 10 is always drums.

>>>2/ how do I record the hardware synth back into fruity ?? again I have
the
sound routed through a simple mixer and am hearing it but can't figure out
how to record it ?

Route the output into your soundcard and use a FL mixer track as input.  You
can then record via the usual method (see the manual!)

>3/ How do you take into account midi delay and ensure all parts are timed
correctly.

If everything it set up okay it shouldn't be noticable