[fruityloops] Re: Midi problems

  • From: "mark griffin" <staticwaves@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fruityloops@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:54:57 +0000

hello tony,
some of your settings are wrong, here's a quick run down. if u put a tick
beside master sync output you are making fruity the master link in a midi
setup. therefore any external gear should be set to ext or auto, (slave). so
when you press play in fruity your external gear should start as well.

remote control :generic controller, this section of the midi setup is for
midi controllers like the phat boy, studiomix, control freak, these are for
controlling automation, eg. movement of knobs sliders and so on.

remote control input should relate to the midi port your controller is
linked to, i'm not sure how this works when connected through a joystick
port.
the top right hand quarter of the midi settings page allows you to set ports
and number them.
when u open a midi out channel, u set the port to the midi channel your
keyboard is connected to. if you go to the presets in the midi out channel
you may find your keyboard listed.

by changing either the patch or channel number you should be able to flip
through your keyboard banks.

                               hopes this helps some
                                                  static.