FRTM - You should've been there!

  • From: Jennifer Dunne <jennifer.dunne.co@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FRTM <FRTM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2015 13:42:42 -0600

Last night's pot luck meeting (Dirk's spicy chicken wings were the big hit)
was, as Jeff put it, "funtastic". Toastmaster Phil told us about fall food,
drink, and zombie festivals in the greater Denver area. You should've been
there!

Zoe inspired us to use PowerPoint presentations, Kathy interviewed Ray "Bo'"
Pezolt for her "Seven Minute Spotlight" talk show, Colette presented Ray with
his DTM award, and Dirk gave a tribute to Ray. Ray's wife was even on hand to
share in his triumph. You should've been there!

Keeping with the food theme, Jeremiah conducted a fun table topics session in
which one person would break open a fortune cookie, and the next person would
speak on the topic of that fortune. (Hint: there's a lot of good luck, love,
and profit coming their way - you should've been there! )

In a surprise twist, winners of the best table topic (Patrick), best evaluator
(Lori), and best speaker (Dirk) didn't just take home ribbons - they took home
the pumpkins used as decor.

Yes, the meeting was the epitome of the Thursday Night Games we expect from
Front Range Toastmasters.

From my Android phone on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network.