FRTM - What a super meeting last night!

  • From: dirk@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "frtm club" <frtm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 07 Aug 2009 05:29:08 -0700

Friends,

I just wanted to say... Wow!  Pat, your meeting ran like clockwork.  Everybody stepped to the plate in a very professional and competent manner last night.

Ken Stelman gave his Ice Breaker... a heartfelt Lost-and-Found story about his buddy Davie.  Your planning and preparation paid off.  What an Ice Breaker.

Greg Krueger gave a presentation about the insanity of our Government's spending spree and provided phone numbers for our Senators and Representatives.  A solid call to action, Greg.

Ray Pezolt did not disappoint either with his "Who are those Guys?" presentation.  An exemplary job showing us his abiliity to use PowerPoint slides.  Did you know that Ray's company is so impressed with the skills he's learned in our club that his company is shipping him around the nation to talk about his company?  Yes, my friends, Ray is being paid to present.  I think we should start charging him royalty fees so we too can get a piece of the action!

All the other players stepped up their roles as well.  I applaud every one of you for how seriously you took your roles.

We had a guest (Terry) who a few years ago gave many presentions in his job.  He's since been laid off and is seeking employment and thought our group might help him in his quest.  He was referred to our group from his wife who had stopped by as a guest a "long time ago."  We blew him out of the water and he heaped the praise on what he experienced.  Although it's not official, he just might be sign up to be the third person in our waiting list.

Folks, this is what our club is all about.  All of us have learned from each other, all stepping up to the occasion, all stretching ourselves.  Our collective skills are growing faster than a mushroom.  Keep it up!

What a meeting.  If you were absent, you really missed it.

Next week is a new opportunity for FRTM.  Celena Collins is hosting "An Evening in the Park."  At this meeting, Terry Boon will be rolling out his Mentorship program.  This is a very important program that has been requested by many in our group.  (E.B. Raines Park, 11801 Community Center Drive, Northglen, Cross Streets I-25 & 120th)

Furthermore, I have some really exciting educational meetings planned as we come into the fall.  Remember, my goal as your EVP is to raise the level of all members one notch.  When the District 26 officers realize what we are doing, they will be blown away!  The Mentorship Program is a cornerstone to some of these activities.

Please, Please, Please, if you can make it next week, it will be worth your while.
Keep on Talkin'...

Dirk Kittredge
Educational Vice President
Front Range Toastmasters Club