FRTM - Re: Halloween - You shoulda been there!

  • From: Ray Pezolt <repezolt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frtm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 2015 12:50:01 -0600

Jonathon; Actually a lot of clubs have this same sort of winning and fun atmosphere. We are not unique in that regard but we are special in that we have our own culture within the club. Unfortunately, I was not able to attend but I heard that guest said we are like a family. I think that is an appropriate description. We may have our individual skirmishes but overall we have fun and make sure that everyone learns something.

I know I have and I am sure that Dirk has given talks to TLI and other clubs about the way to "Spark a club to greatness". Some clubs get it and other do not. I suggest that everyone check out other clubs and find the best fit for your personal style. Not every club will fit every person. At various times I have belonged to four different clubs and always seem to come back to FRTM. I guess I find it fits my style. You are just seeing the culture, hang around, it only gets better.

Ray Pezolt

On 10/31/2015 8:42 AM, jonathan wrote:

It's wonderful when we step up like this, all giving our best. It shows how mutual service can function!
I gather that not too many (if any!) other Toastmasters clubs function like this, having so much fun together and winning awards. I wonder why not? Has anyone offered to share "secrets of our success" with others?
On October 30, 2015 at 6:28 PM Richa Acharya <richa.acharya953@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

What a night! What a night!! What a night!!!

Lately I have been fairly busy and unable to send many meeting recaps but last night was TRULY one of a kind meeting so I could not stop myself from sending one!

Fifi the Flapper aka Jennifer showed her mastery of organization by setting up such a great meeting as the Toastmaster. There were bats flying around, spiders crawling and skulls hanging everywhere in the room! It creeped the hell out of me! And she had pouches of treats for everybody! I am not a sweet fan but I jumped into it as soon as I got home – Snickers, Baby Ruth, Butterfingers, Musketeers, Milky Way, Peanut butter cups, gummies, and so on…what a way to treat our good fellow Toastmasters! You shoulda been there to get some of her treats!

Needless to mention of all yummy treats that other participants brought in. Congratulations to Dirk – Ooops I mean Dirktoria - winner for best treat! Congratulations to “The Mad Hatter” – winner for best costume! Can you see who he is in the picture?

None of the speakers were seen using notes! Isn’t that amazing? Jonathan, Pattie, Patrick, and Katelynn (Best Speaker winner) – all gave fabulous speeches!

Table Topics master Luke Vesely (btw Luke was “falling”) scared everybody with his derisive (WOD) questions – Table Topics winner Red-Monster-PJ said, “kids are problem, aren’t they?” Can you believe it? Well, you shoulda been there!

Green-witch-Colette led the team of Evaluators for awesome feedbacks. Evaluator winner – Lori High (Was that really you, Lori? :D :D )

We had two guests and they were blown away and awesomely creeped away by our club standard. They said, “it is like a family gathering here.” Amen!!!

And last but not the least, many thanks to Kathy for capturing those colorfully scary moments and sharing with us. Also many thanks for Jennifer and Colette for arranging take-away trophies to the winners. “What trophies”?

You shoulda been there!!!

Dirk promises next meeting to be another milestone. Invite your friends and neighbors and co-workers and let’s grow ourselves while having fun!

Happy Halloween!

Richa
Secretary
FRTM