FRTM - In need of some volunteers

  • From: dirk@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "frtm club" <frtm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 01 Aug 2009 09:03:00 -0700

Friends,

I'm planning our upcoming meetings and have a very exciting program lined up through the fall.  More details to come...

That said, we are planning to have our Evaluation contest on 9/3/09.  We are working to secure a speaker that nobody has seen as our guest/target speaker for the contest.  Ray and I'll take care of this due to our connections outside of the club.

So, friends, I need a Contest Chair person.  This is a really great opportunity to exercise your leadership and meeting planning skills with a group that desires to participate.  You'll have close to a month for planning and coordinating this project.  Furthermore, you can get credit for project 8 or 10 in your Competent Leader manual (See pg 48 & 59) to help achieve your Competent Leader award and become a more effective leader.  It's doing short projects like this that will improve your skill set...

So the pool is now open!  Please reply to me (dirk@xxxxxxxxxxxx) if you have interest in this role.  I'll keep the pool open until Wednesday noon 8/5/09.  I'll then randomly draw a name from the pool to be the Evaluation Contest chair.  But if your name is not chosen, do not dispair!  There are a many other roles that will need to be filled for this event!

Let me know ASAP on your interest!

Dirk Kittredge
Educational Vice President
Front Range Toastmasters Club