FRTM - Did you miss it?

  • From: dirk@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: "frtm club" <frtm@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 16:00:14 -0700

Friends,

Ray, Julia and I went to the Rory Vaden workshop last night. AAANNdddd for those not there... Boy, did you miss it!!!

Rory, the second finisher at the 2007 Toastmasters International Speaking Contest, gave a free two hour workshop about how to incorporate humor and stories into your speeches.  He talked about speaking from quadrants of "Rate vs Volume" and how that affects audience attention.  He spoke about a concept called "ALIVE" (Attentive, Laughing, Interested, Vulnerable, and Engaged).  Perhaps, from my perspective, the most powerful example he gave was showing us how to draw pictures with our words using VAST (Visual, Audio, Smell, and Touch) as a basis for describing something in our presentations.  Truthfully, this was an astounding learning experience on the heels of Movie Night.

Friends, stay tuned for more FRTM events and step-up/step-out when they come along my friends!  This is the key to the fast track for improving as presenters and communicators!

Dirk
FRTM EVP