[frgeek-michiana] Re: new website is up

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 09:57:15 -0500

GOALS FOR NEW FGM WEB SITE

At the fgm-dev meeting we decided on the following short term goals for the new FGM web site.

* Combine FGM, FGMLUG and FreeBox class calendars
* Provide separate Title 1 (FreeBox) class calendar
* Give warehouse supers access to Google calendar
* Update directions to warehouse when new doors are in use
* Add news item: FGM is IDEM registered recycler
* Write article re IDEM registration(s); link to news blurb above
* Add link to FGMLUG
* Add sign up link to frgeek-michiana list, if not other lists
* Add links to board minutes and bylaws (DONE)

ERRORS TO CLEAN UP

http://www.freegeekmichiana.org/fgm-calendar.html
The calendar doesn't have Board meetings listed. And the FGMLUG and FreeBox calendars aren't folded into it yet.

http://www.freegeekmichiana.org/minutes.html
http://www.freegeekmichiana.org/minutes/minutes20091130.rvt
The minutes archive pages contains Rivet code. The page HTML needs to be cut and pasted into Joomla pages without the Rivet code because the Rivet code is forcing parsing errors in Joomla. Or, if we archive the original Rivet pages, we can remove the Rivet code in the link pages. Some of the Rivet code provides a document revision date in the page footer. I think it would be good if *all* site pages have a creation or modification date so readers know how current the information is. Joomla provides this function, but we have to turn it on -- it is enabled in some pages.

http://www.freegeekmichiana.org/faq.html
Right above "Donate money." there is an extraneous "-->" which is obviously part of a comment code from either HTML or Rivet.

http://www.freegeekmichiana.org/
My monitor resolution is 1440x900, and the blurb in all page headers "Helping the needy...since 2002" wraps the 2002 to a new line and smashes it into the first line. This is a CSS problem I think.

Tom

Chuq Jackels wrote:
The article about freegeek being an idem recycler is not under recycling,fgm
news warehouse is open, needs to be updated to show mike as the Thursday
superviser not chuq, and we need to update the software used on freeboxes
from vector linux to ubuntu.. just a quick 5 minute parse through...

Looks great.

chuq