[frgeek-michiana] Re: eBay finds for mobile lab

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 09:46:40 -0500

> How much server do we need, we should be able to get a PIII 850 w/ 512M and
> 20G scsi hd for about $300-350 or a dual PII 400 for about a $100-150 less.

   If memory serves me correctly LTSP if *NOT* compiled for dual processor
systems by default. Since I already have a dual P2-450 I'm willingto bringthe
system in for load testing if we wantto find out if a dual P2-400 solution
might work for us.

   My understanding is that LTSP4 is completely compiled on the system it is
going to be run on as well as having the exact tools that the LTSP developing
team uses. If it would please the group I'll see about downloading, installing
and suffuring the horid pains of learning it. :)

   Goose

at <//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>