[frgeek-michiana] Warehouse report, 9/8/2011

  • From: Mike Cook <mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2011 07:50:22 -0400 (GMT-04:00)

Warehouse Report - Sept. 8, 2011

Volunteers: Dan, Mike, Dale N

When we arrived I checked are internet connection and it was still going strong
at 1.4 mbps.

I briefly tried, unsuccessfully, to set up wifi in the warehouse. The access
point connected to the network and received an ip address and wireless devices
could connect to the access point but the wireless devices could not connect to
addresses on the rest of the network. I think it is a minor misconfiguration of
the access point but I didn't want to spend too much time on it.

Since it was just the 3 of us we concentrated on getting the decking put up on
the pallet racks. We originally had planned to begin moving monitors into the
racks but by the time we got the decking in and nailed to the braces it was
time to go home.

Next week we plan to:
* Move monitors onto the racks.
* Clear out the aisles in the warehouse.
* Connect the server rack to the Internet.

Additional projects on deck:
* Get everything up off the floor in the warehouse.
* Decide ho we are going to organize our storage.
* Create an Ubuntu repository.
* Try to get workshop access to the PoE supply for the wifi bridge.
* Set up wifi ap in workshop.
be in the public domain. Email addresses are removed from the archive but other
items included in the body of the email will be shown.