[frgeek-michiana] Warehouse Report - 5/31/07

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 10:33:52 -0400

:: Volunteer Database

I tried to add Kevin to the volunteer database and couldn't. So I exited FireFox and logged in again. After that, the auth.rvt page returned the following error...no matter what.

    "No username / password supplied." or "Session failed."

I emptied the history and all caches: cookies, images, files, etc. But the errors persisted.

:: OS CDs

Goose, Kevin gave me CDs he promised. I'll have them at Lab.

:: FreeBox Building

Dale, Kevin and I put together five FreeBoxes as well as tested and repaired some other systems. A couple of them had been started last week. We set up two of the nicer VL 5.8 boxes for Ed and Tanya. I'll bring them to Lab next week.

[Janice: If you are reading this, let Tanya know we have a computer for her and call or email me re getting it to her.]

I'm going to copy a half-dozen VL 5.8 install discs to keep at the warehouse. I gave Kevin and Dale more training to install VL and test X-windows, sound and floppy configurations.

Kevin wants to learn Linux system and network admin so we should include him in the server change over at the warehouse next week.

:: Air Compressor

Kevin suggested we purchase a small electric air compressor to blow the dust out of FreeBoxes. He believes Menard's sells one for about $80.00. It needs to be small enough to mount on the wall in the rebuild/deman office. Dale and I thought it was a good idea so Kevin is going to check a few stores for the best price.

:: Dale's Left Foot

Dale stepped on a nail yesterday or today. He was in considerable discomfort and, later on, in considerable pain. Like the trooper he is, Dale worked almost the whole evening. Luckily, his van is an automatic, and he only needed his right foot to operate the vehicle. Kevin and I encouraged him to see a doctor even though Dale swears his shots are up to date.

####