[frgeek-michiana] Re: Vector Linux 5.9 Standard updates

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 21:23:16 -0500

Tom Brown wrote:
Vector Linux has released an "extras" update to OpenOffice, version 3.0.0. The package is a development build. Whoa! OO loads much more quickly this time around on my P4/3.2 GHz CPU with 1GB RAM.

Actually based on this email, I downloaded 3.0.0 for Windows... It actually fixed a conflict issue that was going on with the UPS Worldship software on my office computer. Little did I know there was a conflict between OO 2.x.x and the UPS software.

OO 3.0.0 seems more bloated (takes even longer to load) but definitely has gotten better.

  Goose