[frgeek-michiana] Re: USB Wireless adaptors

  • From: Phil Goldbach <shadowvar8541@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 22:18:19 -0800 (PST)

I use a PCMCIA slot on my laptop as well, and with the express version I would
imagine they're the same, just slide the card in and should be good to go.

Phil Goldbach

"Men cry not for themselves, but for their comrades."

From: rtribble@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 15:23:08 -0500

Does it have an internal slot available? Either express or mini-pci.
It might have an open slot with an internal antennae already there.

On Feb 28, 2009, at 12:57, "Tony Germano" <tony_germano@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Do we have any USB wireless adaptors at the warehouse? I've been working on a
friend's laptop, and she wants to add wireless. I have a pcmcia wireless card,
but the laptop only has an ExpressCard slot. It can be 802.11b or g. She is
only using it for internet access, so speed doesn't really matter. Oh, she's
running WinXP, so driver support shouldn't be an issue.

Thanks,
Tony

Windows Live™ Contacts: Organize your contact list.  Check it out.

Windows Live™: Life without walls. Check it out.