[frgeek-michiana] Re: Turbine + LTSP + Debian

  • From: John Billings <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 22:13:49 -0600

Yeah send me your notes Goose.  I have not had much luck using LTSP with
Debian.  There definitely needs to be more documentation on it.  I'll
help out if I can.  Have a pretty hectic schedule with T4T.  Working on
technology plans for over 20 agencies right now.

There is the organization: www.worldcomputerexchange.org that has taken
recycled pc's installed the faster ones, sometimes only 200MHz machines,
with ltsp and ship them with client computers all over the world.

Gnubie

P.S.
I think everyone should have a coffee table capable of running a couple of thin
clients.

--
John Billings - Free Software/Open Source Zealot