[frgeek-michiana] Trackball for over $200??

  • From: "Chuq Jackels" <chuq00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 00:06:19 -0500

While most people are not fans of trackball's I can understand, I guess, I
have not used many err just the one that I have. I have been starting to
have a few problems with mine so I decided to take a look on Ebay for a
replacement. BOY OH BOY I did not know that I was sitting on a treasure
here.. I have a Microsoft Explorer 1.0 Trackball ( I got it for free due to
an engineer not liking it anymore a few years back). These things are
selling for over $200!! Ones that are having problems like mine are pulling
in $65 or more!! WHOA I would have never figured that people would pay sooo
much for a trackball! It is a very comfortable trackball and I would hate to
have to part with it, but at least I know if I ever do want to get rid of it
I can always put it up on Ebay and make a mint off of it! I guess I may need
to see about replacing the USB cable in mine if the problem keeps up!

Microsoft has not made these for quite a few years nor do they plan on
making them again and they will not sell their license to it.  Go figure
they actually have a product that people would be willing to pay good money
for and they will not make it nor sell it! How about them apples?!?!

Sooo if anyone has a Microsoft Explorer 1.0 Trackball that they have laying
around I would love to take it off of your hands. (seriously just to replace
mine, I would even be willing to split the profits off of selling mine with
you!) hehehe

Chuq

These are the late night ramblings of Chuq and are his own opinions and his
alone, they in no way represent Free Geek or any of its' members'. If you
are actually reading this then you must be about as bored as I am! Will you
continue to read this as long as I have something here for you to read? Wow
I guess we really are bored and have nothing better to do with our time.
Well actually I do, I really should be getting to sleep for the class
tomorrow. But I just am not tired. I know I can always break out my
Programming Logic and Design book that always seems to do the trick. see
there I just mention it and I start yawning. Well enough rambling on here I
am going to go now. And if you wish to continue reading this some more,
please feel free although there will be blank spaces so you may want to fill
them in with your own ramblings. Good night!