[frgeek-michiana] Re: Thanks

  • From: John Billings <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:26:49 -0600

Here is another thing I've been meaning to cross post here, it's a
message from the FREE GEEK coders list, introducing some new geeks to
some FG resources:

So here's a list of useful links if you're working on the database
project specifically and perhaps coding at FREE GEEK in general:

* To browse our CVS repository using the web:

http://cvs.freegeeks.org/ -- this will redirect you to another page with
a harder to remember URL.

* The general home page for the database project (which is called FGdb
for "FREE GEEK database"): username and be at your home page on

http://web.freegeeks.org/groups/sw/fgdb/doc/

Some of this is out of date, and replaced by the TWiki (see below). That
page will contain links to the two classes we did that started on the
FGdb project, but here they are again:

http://web.freegeeks.org/groups/ed/sql-class/
http://web.freegeeks.org/groups/ed/php-class/

* The Wiki we use is called TWiki and can be found at another page that
redirects you:

http://web.freegeeks.org/twiki

* All public FREE GEEK mailing lists are described at:

(The coders list -- this one -- is there, as well as many others.)

* To see a list of folks (including yourself) go to:

http://llama.freegeeks.org/phpclass/

You can then click on your username and be at your home page on
llama.freegeeks.org -- the machine where we do our development.

To get to llama.freegeeks.org you need to use a secure shell client. On
Linux boxes (and similar) you will use a command like this:

$ ssh username@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

--
John Billings - Free Software/Open Source Advocate