[frgeek-michiana] Re: Shelving for workshop and warehouse

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 11:37:52 -0400

Thanks. I'll relay this info to Bob.

Tom --

Mike Cook wrote:
Workshop shelving: 72 linear feet x 24 inches deep
6 rows, each 12 feet long (3 @ 24"x48"x72" shelves or 4 @ 24"x36"x72")

There is 20' between the pillars in the area outside the workshop. If we want to use pallet racking with the option of lift truck access we will have to have about 10' aisles, that would limit us to about 3 double rows of racking and would provide about 8 pallet spaces per bay, 2 bays per side, 96 spaces total, Without a lift truck we would really only be able to use about 1/2 of that. Right now we have about 48 skid spaces on the floor. If we don't allow for lift truck access we really can only use 8' high but could space the racks closer together and maybe gain some additional rows.

I have attached the plan I originally drew for the warehouse.