[frgeek-michiana] Re: PXE Install server(s)

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 13:45:09 -0500

Tom Brown wrote:
From the article:

"And the most important thing is that your client computers support booting over the network. You should check each computer's BIOS for this option."

If the BIOS doesn't support net booting, I assume we create a floppy disk or CD to do the job. We've net booted LTSP on floppies for some time.

Tom

Yup, I looked at rom-o-matic.net (v 5.4.2) and we can create a pxe boot floppy image for what ever nic that is supported.... Might have to keep a box of blank floppies / labels at the warehouse but we can cover the task at hand.

Goose