[frgeek-michiana] OK, were getting there....

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Free Geek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2003 18:17:50 -0500

OK, were getting there. I't amazing how well computers work when you remove
the loose metal and secure memory sitcks! :)

Per the response from Mike, I've got TCL, AOLserver and OpenACS downloaded.
TCL is compiled, installed and ready. AOLServer is waiting for the tape to
retstore the nsd.tcl file and testing. I have not addressed OpenACS as yet.
I'm waiting on the testing of AOLServer before I compile the OpenACS stuff.

As for the hardware issue, I am running on the Promise RAID controller and
everything is a go there. I will work on downloading the LTSP stuff later
tonight. I can say that I can see a definate speed enhancement with the
Promise controller. Shortening the cable length has not eliminated but
definately lowered the CRC error rate the kernel is experiencing.

I will need to balance my checkbook before I will know if I can afford to buy
ATA/66+ cable in the near future or not.

   Goose

at <//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>