[frgeek-michiana] Re: Netvistas

  • From: "Jay Schlatter" <jschlatter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:34:22 -0500

My thought is a little different on the subject matter.

I would rather have the cash in hand at $37 a piece if we have a willing
purchaser than to try to remarket them at a higher price. The Netvista
are great thin clients, but how long will a Pentium class thin client be
worth anything? How soon will Pentium II class thin clients start
hitting eBay and other resale outlets? This will only decrease the
resale value of the Netvista.

So far Free Geek Michiana is really good at hanging on to older
equipment... But hanging on to older electronics never makes them worth
more, only less. I opinion on all electronics is unless we are currently
using it, if we have a willing buyer to pay the going rate, sell it.

So my vote is to sell it, since we are not using it and currently have
no place to use it. If you want to keep a hand full (3-5) for demos,
fine, but don't stock 30 of them because we MAY use them some day.

Just my two cents,

O. Jay Schlatter
Technology Director
Goodwill Industries of Michiana, Inc.