[frgeek-michiana] Re: Modems regarding Intel Kernel compile

  • From: "Mike Cook" <mikecook@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 13:59:08 -0500

John,
This should be the driver source you need: Intel-536ep-4.70.tgz  I have read
of problems compiling the 4.69 version with the 2.6.9 and up kernels.  This
may have been fixed, this is a new driver dated 8/29/2005.  Also, have you
tried scanmodem from http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/ I have found this to
be very helpful.  Make sure you have a fresh copy, it is updated often.
Their email discussion list is good too but VERY high traffic.

A few questions.
Were you able to compile the driver?  You should have the kernel sources
installed before attempting this.
Did you get errors compiling the driver?
What is crashing and when?

Good Luck,
Mike