[frgeek-michiana] Meeting notes - 11/11/2009

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeekMichiana_dev <fgm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 08:49:23 -0500

Present: Chuq, Fr. Robert, Tom.

:: FGM web site

Fr. Robert put together a sample dev site with the green-themed template we used for FGMLUG. Tom uploaded the latest rewrite of our old site, including images, to the production site tree.

We agreed on the basic structure of the FGM dev site. Fr. Robert will copy the content from Tom's upload to the dev site. Then we will proof all the content. With any luck, we should go live with the new FGM site in a few weeks.

:: FGMLUG site

We added a new menu for Distros. The menu items are Puppy, Ubuntu and Vector because they are the most popular desktop distros among FGMLUG members and FGM volunteers.

We discussed whether to restructure the home page of each site so it is a three-column layout. The sites will remain 2-column layouts until we have enough external links and other types of content to justify a third column on the home page.

Since we finished earlier than expected, Fr. Robert gave a brief demo of an advanced ssh topic he will cover in upcoming FGMLUG meetings.