[frgeek-michiana] Lab Agenda, 12/30/03

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2003 10:31:25 -0500

1. Trident XF86 setup

One of the newly donated computers works well with the same Trident card as all the others. So we need to look at its X setup and try to figure out why it works and the others fail.

2. Test monitors

I still haven't visited the barn to test monitors. Need badly to test monitors and bring a dozen good ones to lab.

3. Transport tubs

Need to send a two-man crew to Menards, Home Depot, etc., to check out transport tubs and prepare an estimate of cost to set up 1-2 demanufacturing workstations upstairs.

4. Run computers to Barn

I want to clear space upstairs. That means taking useless computers and monitors to The Barn.

5. ID FreeBoxes

Tape a letter or number to all the components of each completed FreeBox so recipients don't mix components.

6. IBM NetVista project

Need estimate of cost to complete the NetVista project, which is to net boot the boxes on pci ethernet nic and by-pass the embedded TR nic.

7. Portable lab project

Need estimate of cost to complete the workstation portion of the portable lab project.