[frgeek-michiana] Re: LAB NOTES - 12/5/06

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 09:42:57 -0500

Ok with me.

Tom

At 03:31 PM 12/9/06, you wrote:
I brought home 4 of the donated servers to Dban. Turns out one of them (the 2U server) is an AMD Athalon 1.4G w/ 1g ram and 18g HD!

If it will please you & Tom I'll just hong onto it for the OS Virtualization learning / testing....

The other servers were:
P3-500 256mb, 2x9g atlas 10k drives
P2-450, 6g hd
P2-350, 4g hd

If I move the 2 Atlas 10K drives into the U2 server, that would give a total of 36g to build / use virtual images with.

Ideas, thoughts, etc.

Goose

/If everyone agrees I can start move everything around and have Debian install (possible w/ xen already if time permits) and have it at the lab Tuesday...

Mike Cook wrote:
see comments below.

Mike

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Brown" <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>