[frgeek-michiana] Re: Intel Linmodem

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:46:09 -0500

We've got multi-GB hard drives at the lab. Grab one tonight if you need one.

I'm glad you are working on this again. Every single one of the students last Saturday asked what modem to buy. They all want Internet access ASAP.

I've received two phone calls in the last 24 hours asking for tech support and a date to begin volunteering. The FreeBox program is beginning to work. Half of the students Saturday were referred to the class by former FreeBox students. So we need to line up modems, volunteer work and lab classes for them quickly.

Tom

At 10:35 AM 9/30/03 -0500, you wrote:

Is giving me fits. I have been downloading and installing packages to get it to compile, and this time I am not as lucky I was previously. I don't know what I am missing and it is driving me nuts. I just ran out of space on an 800 MB hard drive. The good news is that it looks like once I get it compiled, as long as I don't change the kernel (which I haven't yet) we would be able to copy the compiled source over and run the install script, which means we wouldn't need to load a lot of extra packages on the free boxes.

I am looking for a little bit bigger hard drive around the office hear that I can use to get it compiled. Last time I know I updated the kernel but I am still hopeful that I don't need to. I uploaded the packages to the Indy, so please don't delete them, swaret is especially useful in downloading and installing packages, it will even check for dependencies and then go download and install those as well.

FYI,

O. Jay Schlatter
Technology Director
<http://www.goodwill-ni.org/>Goodwill Industries of Michiana, Inc.