[frgeek-michiana] Holding my breath...

  • From: Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: FreeGeek Michiana <frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 21:18:51 -0500

I had a phone conversation with an IT person, Robert, at Teachers Credit Union today. TCU is doing a major equipment upgrade. Robert is going to propose that TCU donate their stock of out of service equipment to FGM.

- 10 laptops, P-II
- 6 servers, P-II and P-III
- 400 desktops, P-II and P-III
- lots of dot matrix printers
- lots of dead monitors
- a large box of junk parts
- misc. networking stuff

It is unlikely we would receive all 400 desktops and maybe none of the laptops; he estimated employees would buy 50% of the PCs. The IT department has a van at their disposal, and they are willing to deliver the stuff wherever we tell them. He's even willing to drop off gear at the Sally on Tuesday at 5:30 PM. He appreciated the hard drive security page on our web site and will download one of the recommended scrubbers to clean all the drives. I told him we need $15 each for the monitors. He found the fee reasonable.

He'll get back with me in 2 weeks. Still holding my breath...

You may unsubscribe or change your list settings by going to the list website at
<//www.freelists.org/webpage/frgeek-michiana>