[frgeek-michiana] Re: Grimmy Greasy Bathrooms

  • From: Richard Zimmerman <csxt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: frgeek-michiana@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 18:38:39 -0500

I don't think we have ANY IBM monitors, let alone an PS/1....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_PS/1

Oh, now I remember that hunk of junk.... Yeah, your friend is pretty well toast... Since it is DOS and basically DOS didn't have drivers, take the hard drive and transplant it into another computer. Good luck finding one slow enough <g>. The other issue is did IBM flip the video / hd irq's? In that time frame, several computer manufactures did just that.

Thoughts...

Richard

/ Now, for the COOL answer....
// Get him a Linux box w/ DOSEMU installed. I do believe (It's been a long time since I've messed w/ it) You can boot directly into a DOS formated hard drive!
/// He gets his dos apps back
//// Another convert to Linux, a Win-Win situation

chuq jackels wrote:
By chance does anyone have or know if there is one available in the warehouse, an IBM PS/1 monitor? I know someone who is err was still using his in business but the monitor crapped out on him. I told him that I would look around and see if I could drum one up for him. I figure a price can be negotiated f and when one gets located. He was running DOS on it, said he thinks it is a 286, and it has a BIG 80 MB HDD! I told him if nothing else I can copy the data to flash drive for him.

Chuq
Sent from South Bend, IN, United States

On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 3:55 PM, Tom Brown <tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:tbrown@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Privacy?